How Self-Confidence Breeds Self Control
You may be wondering how you can turn your life around. If only I had a secret bullet, you say, where I could simultaneously deal with the several areas I’d like to improve; my health, my productivity at work, and my personal creativity could all use a boost, and the general feel of lag that comes around the holiday season isn’t helping.
Deep down, your probably recognize that your seeming inability to achieve the goals you want stems from some more vital source than just being too busy to work out or not having the time to finish that book of short stories. Self-doubt and a general lack of self-confidence is likely attacking your motivation and keeping you from believing that you can get what you want, on a fundamental level. Let me show you how nurturing your self-confidence can manifest itself throughout your entire life.
• Exercise and Health: Remember how good it feels to have worked out for an extended period of time? That increased muscle tone and the satisfaction of taking care of yourself made you want to keep going to the gym, to push those results even further. Making positive choices inspired you to make even more, to keep that positivity flowing.
• Happiness: One source of happiness is emotional stability. Being confident in your life choices and the general direction of your life will let you enjoy your partner and your social life on a much deeper level. Instead of constantly comparing yourself to others and worrying about being “good enough” you’ll find yourself enjoying your friends’ accomplishments as much as your own. You won’t have to worry as much about emotional instability, sudden mood swings, and a lack of control over your internal state.
• Creativity: Having self-confidence in your own abilities will help you fully explore and hone your skills with a higher level of self-control. Refusing to be overly harsh when judging your own work will free you up to be more productive and to develop your skills. Self-doubt slows down the creative process like molasses, and keeps you from making interesting breakthroughs. Self-confidence will inspire you to trust your work; this trust will give you the drive to keep coming back and making it better.
Cultivating Self Confidence
You can see the benefits that can happen from really gaining a sense of self-confidence in your life. Getting to that state isn’t always easy, however. Here are some posts to get you started.
Does Raising Self-Esteem Improve Your Quality of Life?
How to Gain Confidence and Take a Fearless Step
Joy Paley is a science and technology writer based in Berkeley, California. She is a guest blogger for My Dog Ate My Blog and writes onaccredited online degrees for Guide to Online Schools.
- Elite Treadmills For Working Girls (weightlossdietforum.com)
- Making New Year’s Resolutions That Stick (Christmas2010Shop.com)
- Acai Berry Supplement Reviews (dietcleanse.org)
How Self-Confidence Breeds Self Control by Steve