7 Great Summer foods That Promote Fast Weight Loss
If you’re looking to lose weight this summer, you’re in luck because there are plenty of summertime foods that can be incorporated into your diet to speed the process along. What’s more is that since the weather is warm and you’re outdoors being active, most people also find that their appetite levels go down, further helping them see the results they’re after.
The following 7 summer foods are ideal for fast weight loss and must be included in your diet.
Grilled Chicken Breasts
One of the best sources of protein around, and one that just happens to go perfectly on the grill, are chicken breasts. Flavor these any way desired and slap them onto the grill for a quick meal in minutes. Grilling is a great, low-calorie way to prepare your meat so it will really help to lighten the overall calorie content of the meal.
Chicken breasts also make for a great replacement for the standard hamburger so if you’re going to a larger BBQ dinner party, this is a great alternative without having to totally change the menu.
Another good food on the grill is zucchini. Many people forget the nice flavor zucchini will add to your meal and because it’s a wider vegetable, it’s far easier to lie on the grill to cook.
Whether you add it in with other vegetables such as onions, mushrooms, and peppers or just cook it on its own with a little olive oil and sea salt, grilled zucchini tastes great and will help you stick with your weight loss diet.
One of the best fruits of the summer, watermelon is also an excellent choice. Some people mistakenly believe water melon causes too high of a spike in blood sugar to be eaten, and while it is true that watermelon is rated higher on the glycemic index scale, remember that you’ll be taking in very few calories total in each serving you eat.
Because of this, unless you’re gorging on a whole watermelon, you won’t be consuming in enough total sugar to have a real impact.
A cup or two of water melon is the perfect snack when you need something sweet.
Another great protein source that works well on the grill is shrimp. Shrimp are incredibly low in calories and are virtually fat free so you can’t go wrong with this. Consider brushing your shrimp with a small amount of olive oil mixed with crushed garlic and then spearing it with a wooden stick. Place that over the grill along with some vegetables alternated on and you have a great meal in minutes.
One vegetable that’s also quite typical of the summer season is corn on the cob. This vegetable is very sweet and while it is higher in calories than some of the other vegetable choices, that doesn’t mean you shouldn’t include it. Have half a cob if you’re really focusing intensely on your diet or just have the whole cob but make that the main carb source for your meal.
Low-Calorie Jell-O Fruit Salad
Looking for something for dessert? Preparing up some low-calorie Jell-O while adding in an assortment of fresh berries is a great way to end off your meal. Top with some lower calorie cool-whip and you’ll really feel like your indulging.
Finally, the last summer fruit that you should be adding to your day is strawberries. These are a very rich source of vitamin C and will help reduce your cravings for other sugary foods. These also work great when prepared up into a smoothie, so that’s something to consider as well. ce
So be sure that you keep all these summer foods in mind as you go about your weight loss diet. By having them on the menu, you will guarantee your success.
This article has been contributed by Nick. Nick writes for Muscle Building Blog – BuildingBodyMuscles.com. Nick is these following a program called 7 minute muscle which is all about staying fit without spending hours in gym. His newsletter contains lots of such effective tips and ideas. Check out his blog for more information on it.
Alternative Ideas for Weight Loss
There are thousands of published editorials on the topic of weight loss that all preach the same gospel; ditch the high calorie fattening treats for a healthier diet and do tons of exercise. We all know that this is the right way to go about losing weight and starting a new healthier routine but there are some rather vital fast weight loss tips that can often be over looked. Following are some easy guidelines that should be incorporated into your weight loss plan, without incorporating these guidelines could be detrimental to your progress.
1. Get more sleep- Studies show that lack of sleep can trigger the same hormone in the body that controls the appetite. This suggests that dieters that do not get their full quota of sleep per night are more susceptible to weight gain. To make sure this doesn’t happen to you ensure you get a least 7 hours of good sleep a night. Some people can find this difficult but if you are dedicated to weight loss then get more sleep!
2. Create calm in the bedroom- To guarantee you get a night full of soporific sleep, your bedtime routine needs to be soothing and that includes your bedroom. Make sure your bedroom is clear of clutter and a tranquil place where you can unwind and drift off into slumber. If you can cope, take away any gadgets that may distract you from sleep such as televisions, telephones and computers.
3. Eat right- Making certain you consume the right things in the evening can prepare you for sleep and avoid stomach bloating. If you eat foods such as milk, bananas, sweet potatoes and brown rice you will evade feeling blown up and your body will become more relaxed and ready for sleeps. Stay away from stimulating foods such as teas, coffee, chocolate and alcohol. Smoking should be avoided too.
4. Reduce stress levels- Feeling stressed all of the time is bad for your well being and is very damaging to weight loss. Research shows that the hormone cortisone is secreted into the body when under stress and has many negative effects on your health and will hinder any weight loss results achieved. Leave your stress at the door and use relaxation techniques when at home to calm down after a day of work. Massage therapy is one of the best ways to de-stress. You could even learn how to massage yourself and engage in regular massage therapy with a partner.
5. Small portions- Trade in your large dinner plate for a smaller plate for meals. We are all guilty for clearing our plates, so reducing our portion sizes will in turn reduce the amount of food we are consuming. This is an obvious adjustment but can be overlooked, so breaking life long habits can make the change you need.
They say that losing weight fast can sometimes be dangerous especially for older people. While this is true there are certain fast weight loss tips that are applicable and safe for all ages and this is what we are going to discuss here today.
First let’s start by defining what is fast weight loss? Fast weight loss is different for every person. People who have a lot of weight to lose can lose weight faster and safer than people who only have a few extra pounds. The only things that are common in this context is that they should not lose more than 2-3 pounds per week and that their daily calorie intake should not go under 2000 calories per day. Besides that each person can define what is the amount of weight he or she must lose per month in order to reach the final target.
One of the best weight loss tips that I like and many people neglect is the role of water in the whole weight loss process. Water is vital for our life and has so much to offer to our overall health. In addition water can help someone lose weight faster. This is because it has absolutely no calories, meaning that you can drink as much water as you want without adding weight, secondly water can full up your stomach and reduce your appetite for food and third water can assist your body flush unneeded organisms from the body and thus allowing the body organs to function better. So, by drinking lots of water you can accelerate the weight loss process substantially and without creating any other problems.
Another important tip that is proven to be very effective in losing weight is food labels. As weird as this may sound, by reading the labels of foods you eat can increase your weight loss efforts. This is because you will start making clever decisions on what to buy and eat. If you want to lose weight fast you should not consume foods that contain a high number of calories and fat. Do not just rely on the food name i.e. ‘Low calorie biscuits’. You should clearly investigate all the ingredients because while the biscuits may be low in calories they may be high in fats, which is worse. Your choices should include items that are natural, non-processed and have minimum amount of fats and calories.
Finally, we cannot write an article about weight loss without giving the necessary attention to the role of exercise. Exercise is by far the easiest, fastest and healthiest way to lose weight. All it takes is to do it on a regular basis. If you want to be serious about losing weight then you better start exercising. The more you exercise the faster will be the results.
Ad: Complete your 2009 Taxes with Turbo Tax Online for FREE!
Losing weight is not necessarily a difficult process. If you manage to incorporate weight loss techniques in your daily life you will be able to maintain your weight easily without too much effort. This of course implies that you understand how to lose weight using the proper tips and techniques. Let’s see below some easy daily life tips that can help you shed those extra pounds.
1. Fat is very bad for your diet. You should understand that having more pounds is different than having excess fat. Fat is more difficult to lose than pounds so you need to do your best and avoid the generation of fat cells in your body. For this reason you should stay away from foods that contain high percentage of fat and sugars and prefer foods that can act as fat burners like nuts, fruits and vegetables and water.
2. Another thing you need to understand is that weight loss can sometimes take time. How much time you will need exactly depends on how committed you are on your weight loss efforts, how many pounds you want to lose and how fast you want to do it.
3. Having said the above, you should gather all the patience and willpower you have and focus on your goals. Do not expect super fast results and do not get carried away by the first failures. Whenever you encounter a failure do not get disappointed but visually turn your failures into a success. Imagine your self after achieving your weight loss goals and imagine how would that make you feel. Be positive and try to get courage to continue on your journey. Never forget that weight loss is a journey which means that it has a beginning and an end. If harder you work the quicker you will reach the end.
4. The balance between a weight loss failure or weight loss success is in daily life activities. Whatever you do during the day can work against or in favor of your weight loss efforts. For example if you take the lift you are not providing any assistance to your efforts, but if you take the stairs you are offering some assistance. This may sound insignificant to you but try to thing of the hundreds of things you do in a week that could assist your efforts. Walking more, doing more manual work at home, making up your garden, washing your car can all work towards your goals and most of the times without even realizing it.
Certainly weight loss is not a subject that can be explained in just 4 points, but for sure the above tips can give you a good idea on how to approach the whole process.
Ad: Complete your 2009 Taxes with Turbo Tax Online for FREE!
How To Choose An Effective Weight Loss Program
The main challenge in achieving success with a weight loss program is by carefully designing it and incorporating a good exercise program to it. Planning the weight loss program is essential so people can track their activities and the progress their making with it. It is, therefore, advisable to write down the steps of the weight loss program.
Having a healthy diet is crucial to a weight loss program as well. Exercise is useless without a balanced diet followed along with it. Thus, diet and meal planning is the first vital step in designing a healthy diet. For a more effective diet plan, it is best to see a certified nutritionist or dietician. This is imperative for people with health problems before they make changes in their food habits.
Tips How to Pick An Ideal One:
A healthy diet plan can be considered for people searching for weight loss programs. This is because diet plans can be continued for over a long period of time. Read on for things to consider on choosing an effective and safe weight loss program:
- A well diet plan composed of varied food types should be included in a weight loss program.
- At least 1 to 2 pounds should be the weight loss limit weekly for the weight loss program.
- A minimum of 1,600 calories for men and 1,200 for women should be set for the diet plan.
- See if there is an exercise program in conjunction with the weight loss program. The reason for this is because exercise programs can speed up weight loss results.
- See if those responsible for the weight loss program (dieticians, trainers, counselors, etc.) are credible.
- Consider if the fee for the weight loss program is at great value and fits right into your budget.
- Most importantly, does it offer long-term support?
Other Things to Consider:
Besides the things to consider mentioned above, choose a weight loss program that suits your schedule and lifestyle. Found below are some extra things you might want to check before you go on a weight loss program:
- Can you access the weight loss program online?
- A weight watchers program can be an option for people looking for support and encouragement from peers.
- Online programs are very suitable for people who prefer anonymity and have such a hectic schedule.
- Online weight loss programs have different features. Some programs may or may not have the following: exercise videos, brochures, recipes, access to medical professionals, message boards, chat rooms, and shopping lists.
Weight loss might sound as an imposing task for people. However, people can remain healthy and fit by choosing the right one to suit their needs.
Try Turbo Tax 2009 or Tax Act 2009 Free Today!
Dieting and Supplements: Acai Power Max
So you have decided to lose weight and are unsure of as to how to reach your goal? For any weight loss program, it is of paramount importance that you follow a diet plan and keep a check as to what you are eating and more importantly how much you are eating. Then of course there are exercises that you have to do to work out your body and boost your metabolism. But did we mention anything new?
Adding weight loss dietary supplements to your weight loss program helps you achieve your targets in a far quicker time span with much reduced workload. A good dietary supplement is something that is natural, aids in keeping energy levels high and most importantly, helps shed those extra pounds safely and quickly.
With so many dietary supplements available in the market today, do a little research and understand your needs and then choose something that will complement your dieting and exercise routine and facilitate weight loss.