If you’ve been getting a bit anemic lately and are feeling a little run down then it’s possible you are lacking a bit of iron in your diet. That’s where the Iron, Lion Zion juice drink comes in handy. Whether you are not eating properly or you are a vegetarian and need a boost, if you get anemic then you can end up feeling depressed, tired or lethargic and leave yourself open to colds and flu. Get one of these iron rich juice drinks down you and you’ll soon feel a lot better:
Take the following ingredients:
250g (8 0z) of spinach
25g (1 oz) of parsley
250g (8 oz) of carrots
1 heaped teaspoon of spirulina
Chuck the carrot, parsley and spinach into a juicer and juice vigorously for a couple of minutes. Then stir in the spirulina. Pour it into a fat tumbler, add a bit of ice and if you’re feeling really fancy, decorate with a slice of cucumber of carrot.
Not only does this juice drink taste awesome, but it will also give you a grand old dose of folic acid to build up those red blood cells, some chlorophyll to help fight that fatigue and a massive dose of all-important vitamin B12 from the spirulina. All of that for just 229 calories!
Alex is a food writer and blogger. He loves writing about beautiful food and healthy living and currently writes for Coupon Croc .
Detoxification of the body is not just for weight loss, it is also for cleansing the colon and purifying the internal organs. There are a number of detox drinks that one may purchase at any health food store today. However, the best detox drinks are made fresh in your own kitchen. Detox drink recipes vary according to the purpose for which you were doing the detoxification, as well as your own personal preferences.
It is prudent to detoxify any time you have overindulged in food or drink, or are feeling unwell. Delicious, nutritious, and easy to make, the best detox drinks will eliminate waste and toxic substances that have accumulated in your body. All of us take in unhealthful substances, whether by breathing or in the foods we eat, on an almost daily basis. If you have been constipated, detoxification is one avenue to relief. When our systems become inundated with harmful substances, we may feel sluggish, weak, and vulnerable to illness. Healthful eating and regular exercise are important to say the least, however, even when these two rules are followed, there are times when we need to use the process of detoxification to feel our best.
The importance of drinking enough pure water cannot be overstated. Each morning begin with a glass of freshly squeezed lemon juice in warm water. You may follow that with any number of detox drink recipes some of which are listed here. Particularly delicious is the peach juice drink, which is made by combining 2 to 3 peaches in your blender with a bit of fresh basil or fresh coriander. The carrot-vegetable juice detox, is rich in beta-carotene and is made by combining 2-3 fresh carrots with one kale leaf and a mint leaf or two in your blender, adding fresh water as needed.
Blending 2 to 3 green apples with one carrot, two leaves of Swiss chard, three sprays of watercress, and a celery stalk make the always-popular apple-vegetable detox drink recipe. As usual, add water as needed. Avoid using sugar or dairy products in detox drinks. If you must have more sweetness add fruit or berries. The important thing is to make sure that you are ingesting the juices of fresh vegetables and fresh fruits only, combined with pure water. In between detox drinks, keep yourself hydrated with plenty of water.
If you do not tolerate plain water well, simply add a bit of lime or lemon juice. You may also add a bit of orange juice. A dash of ginger will help ward off any nausea. Within a few days, you should see a pleasant change in your complexion, a rise in your energy level, and experience a more restful sleep.
We humans are full of it. Yes, I mean THAT when I say IT. We are the fattest nation in the world for one simple reason. We are all about instant gratification. We want what we want when want it… which is now. Well tough. You can’t buy abs or pecks. At best you can buy some lump that has been surgically put into your chest. That won’t make you faster or stronger or healthier (quite the opposite). That Ab Shocker 9000 you got to electrocute your abs into submission won’t give you abs. All it’s going to do is fry your spleen. So, put it down and let’s cut through the lies and tell ourselves the truth. Let’s start with the lies.
1. I just like to eat, there is nothing wrong with liking eating.
2. Healthy food is too expensive.
3. I can’t afford a gym membership.
4. I am too old.
1. (sigh) Just… (sigh) just stop. Everyone likes to eat. How much you eat has nothing to do with your enjoyment of food, only your lack of self control. The lie here is that the pleasure of eating should trump your health, fitness, everything. I fight this lie every day. I have whipped up a nice six pack. Unfortunately that six pack is covered by a one liter. I could be saving huge bucks by washing my clothes on my washboard, but in the heat of the moment, I believe that smoked brisket sandwich is worth the lack of abage. This is especially true for people who are already overweight. I remember when I weighed over a ninety pounds more than I do now. When that temptation came, it was so hard to justify not giving into that momentary pleasure of flavor, as the pleasure of being agile, fit, and trim seemed a myth.
2. Again… seriously? And a Big Mac is cheap? It is a minimum three bucks, without fries and drink, and don’t lie to me and yourself and say you just buy the burger alone. It’s like people who say they eat only salad, and then when you are with them they never eat salad, or they eat a salad with an entire rotisserie chicken in it, with half a container of Hidden Valley smothered on top. Good food is all over the place. You just have to get used to buying it.
3. Last I checked, the means to getting in shape hasn’t changed. You move your body alot and push heavy stuff around. That can be done anywhere. Google Isometrics and recognize that the internet just called your bluff. Oh, and you don’t have to have a gym to run/jog/walk/pogo stick to and from anywhere. Move your bottom. Do it. I love Call of Duty too, but when the muscles in your thumbs are bigger than your pecs… that’s a problem.
I think that should do it.
So, no more lies. Time to get into… (wife walks in with cookies). (With a mouth full of cookies) Time to get into shape. Go get’em.
This article was provided by www.dogfencediy. Dog fencing experts providing cost effective wireless dog containment systems around the globe.
Colon cleansing is necessary for improved overall health and maintenance of body shape and skin health. The good news for you is that it is very easy to do a colon detox these days with the help of colon cleanse home remedies. One of the easiest and simplest way to do a colon cleanse at home is through using fruits that are rich in antioxidants and fiber. Here are some fruits you can use for your colon cleansing goals:
Apple is packed with a lot of antioxidants that can very well be an effective colon cleansing fruit. It clears toxins, bad substances, and wastes in the colon. It is also rich in fiber, which make it an even better colon cleanser. Using an apple for colon cleansing is as easy as juicing it or eating it daily. Apple is also one of those natural appetite suppressant foods that you can use while cleansing the colon.
Drinking a glass of lemon juice early in the morning is already a simple procedure in cleansing the colon. Lemon can help smooth the digestive system and relieve constipation as well. Lemon fruit extract in a glass of warm water is also a good colon cleanser.
Watermelon is rich in fibers that help in the detoxification process. It can expel toxins and wastes not only from the colon but also from other parts of the body.
Blueberry can improve the body’s natural cleansing process. Blueberries can also be consumed in the morning to eliminate constipation.
These are only some of the fruits that can help you achieve a cleaner colon and a healthier body in the end. Since they are all delicious and refreshing fruits, there is no point for you to have a hard time using them for your detox goals. Eating them every day is a good way to use these fruits for colon cleansing. Just make sure you avoid polluting the body with more toxins coming from alcohol, coffee, cigarette, and processed foods.
Many of us have a day job that binds us to a desk for most of the week; and this can seem like quite an obstacle for those looking to stay healthy and keep fit. There are, however, plenty of ways you can stick to your diet, maintain energy through out the day, and keep your muscles engaged no matter how long you’re stuck behind a desk every day. Here are just a few healthy habits everyone should practice, no matter what their day job might be. You don’t have to let your work get in the way of your health, just follow these useful tips.
1) Keep moving: many of us will spend several, consecutive hours sitting at our desk; and the rest of the day in the sitting position. Whether it’s in the car on the commute to and from work, our lunch hour, or at meetings, remaining stationary has a huge impact on our health. Recent studies have proven that those who simply stand, rather than sit, while at work, cut their risk of heart attack nearly in half. Besides heart health, your metabolism can also greatly benefit when you continue to move through out the day. When sitting for long periods of time, your metabolism comes to a complete stop, which can even cause your body to retain fat. By standing at your work station, or while on the phone, pacing while brainstorming, or moving at any idle second, you’re doing your body a huge favor. Consider replacing your office chair with a stability ball, which helps you engage your muscles while sitting. Other habits, such as taking the stairs instead of the elevator, standing at your lunch break, and more all make a big impact.
2) Snack through out the day: snacking seems like an unhealthy habit, however, when snacking on the right foods, it offers many health benefits. Keeping healthy snacks at your desk, and choosing the right breakfast and lunch foods, can help maintain your energy levels through out the day, and help you burn more fat. Beginning with breakfast, make sure you don’t skip the meal, and load up on fiber, fruit, and calcium, such as with a nonfat yogurt parfait with fresh berries. Snacks can include a hand full of almonds, apple and cheese slices, green tea, low-sodium popcorn, a banana and others. These are all low calorie snacks that will prevent the mid day “crash” and give a healthy boost to your energy.
3) Work out before you work: studies have proven that working out in the morning, before breakfast, will increase productivity through out the day, help you sleep deeper, and help you feel more rested. At the end of a work day, you’re less likely to get to the gym, which is why working out at the beginning of the day is ideal. Those who exercise first thing in the morning also burn more calories during the day than those who don’t. Whether it’s cardio or strength training, exercise for at least twenty minutes at the beginning of the day for a more energy and productivity.
Author is Holly Adams of Coupon Croc. Save big on health spas and resorts with a Thomson discount code.
Many of us are fond of eating processed food like bacon and hotdogs. Little do we know that this is one of the reasons why harmful toxins and wastes clogged up in our bodies. Colon cleansing has become very important and popular these days as the need to have a healthier body has come into our attention. Although we can get rid of these substances through bowel movement, there is still a significant amount that remains stuck in our bodies. This is where a natural colon cleanse home remedy becomes really helpful. This remedy prevents serious health problems such as colon cancer from developing.
The first thing that we need to do is to make sure that we follow a balanced and healthy diet plan. Our daily meals should be composed of fresh fruits, vegetables and fish. The more organic the food is, the better. Although eating red meat is not entirely bad for us, we should keep it to a minimum as it is high in cholesterol and fat. Health experts said that too much of fatty compounds are hazardous to our colon. Eating foods that are high in fiber is also a healthy habit. Ginger, apple and lettuce are some of the richest sources of fiber. Fiber is proven to be effective in flushing out the free radicals found in our bodies.
Another natural remedy is drinking lots of water. We are strongly encouraged to drink at least 8 to 10 glasses every day. Water will keep our bodies hydrated and at the same time flush out the toxins and wastes in our systems. If we get bored with water, then we can substitute some herbal teas or fruit juices to it. We just have to make sure that we drink freshly squeezed fruit juices and not the powdered ones. The key to a healthy colon is as simple as observing a full body detox diet and water-overdose.