One of the most common new year’s resolutions is to get fit, but most of us fall at the first hurdle we don’t plan a suitable fitness routine. We say routine because that is what you need to make it to get fit.
1. Know Your Body Type
Once you know your body type it will be much easier to find a fitness routine which suits it. All too often to people start training with a view to achieving a build using a routine which is not suited to their body type. A great example of this is skinny men trying to become body builders; this isn’t to say it’s unachievable but the approach must be different.
Those with an ectomorph build are generally your skinny type. They have small frames, flat chests, small shoulders and a lean muscle mass. They also tend to have a fast metabolism.
Those with a mesomorphic body type are typically athletically built, have large bones and big muscles. The gain weight easier than ectomorph’s as they have a structure built for it.
Endomorphic people tend to gain weight a lot more easily than the other types and find it much harder to lose it. They generally have a slow metabolism and will tend to excel at leg exercises and strength.
No one person is either or when it comes to above as will often share traits from each type, however they will often than not be either endomorph/mesomorph or mesomorph/endomorph. Identify your type and find a routine to suit it.
2. Know Your End Goal
A lot of people set off on a routine without knowing what they want to achieve. Do you want to tone up, get bigger muscles, lose the fat from around your hips or even get yourself into a position to try a new hobby? All of these things need to be taken into consideration when choosing a routine.
Take rock climbing as an example. Rock climbers tend to be of an ectomorph type as gravity favours it! They will focus their exercises on building up muscle strength and endurance while ensuring they have as little fat as possible.
Don’t be afraid to discuss your end goal with personal trainers or fitness professionals. They will often know just the routine which is best for you and your body type.
3. Stick To It
One of the biggest mistakes people make is planning a routine which doesn’t fit in with their lifestyle, so plan a routine which suits this and stick to it.
If you are just beginning don’t expect results immediately. These can take time to come as your body adjusts to your new routine. Once you have adjusted you will wonder how you did without it.
Despite having great health, sometimes accidents can happen. By using a health cash plan, you can spread the cost of any unforseen medical treatment you may need. For further information, please visit the Perfect Health Cash Plan Plus website.
If you are finally ready to start working out the way that you should be, then you are going to want to really examine your workout routine. One of the best things to do is to start adding body weights to your routine. This is something that not as many people are doing as they should. This is an unfortunate thing because there are so many benefits to using them.
You might think that body weights are not really needed for the best workout, you might want to take a look at what others are saying. By taking a close look at those who use body weights, you will be able to see what an incredible difference it has made for them. And the best thing is – they did it all without a gym! Basically, you can workout, like a convict, in the confines of your own home, without going to the gym or buying overpriced equipment and find yourself with a great body.
Not only will your body look great, but you will feel great and you will have more energy than ever before. This means that you are going to be able to do the one-arm pushups, the one-arm pull-ups, hanging straight leg raises and so much more. How many of these things can you do now? Even if you can do one or two – just how many of them can you do? Most likely, you are not in as good of shape as you would like to be in.
The workout is simple. The time is minimal. All you need is to motivation. Knowing that you are not in your physical prime anymore should be motivation enough. You want to be able to accomplish all of the things that you once did. You want to be able to impress all of the people that you once did. Using body weight exercises and training like a convict is how you are going to do it.
To get started, you will want to cancel that gym membership. You no longer need it. The entire idea of the gym membership is a scam and you are going to want to learn why. Once you know the secrets, you will never look at a gym in the same way again. You are also going to want to make sure that you are looking at the best for motivation. Someone who knows how to really take advantage of the bodyweight exercises is important and it should be someone who is able to lead by example. When you have all of this, you are going to find that you are off to a very good start.
Come To The Personal Development Company to learn more about Bodyweight Exercises from Paul Wade’s Book, Convict Conditioning
Being fit generally means the ability to perform well in a wide gamut of circumstances considered physically taxing. Being fit for some people could mean the ability to fit into a favorite pair of jeans or a certain outfit for an upcoming event. For others, being fit simply means being in good shape because it ultimately translates to being in good health.
With that being said, while it is not easy to shed off the extra pounds and look trim and maintain overall fitness, it becomes a lot more challenging when you have to remain fit even when travelling. Keeping fit is a life-long plan which should be part and parcel of your daily routine. This therefore becomes a challenge when you have to maintain your fitness plan when away or a business or leisure trip. How do you travel fit and ensure you do not blow up in a matter of days what you have worked hard to build for so many years?
- The first tip to travel fit is to ensure you carry with you sufficient amounts of water. Water is known to keep the body metabolism active and to flush out harmful toxins from the body. In addition to that, cold water in particular is believed to help accelerate the pace at which you lose weight. This is because with an active metabolism, the body will need to work extra hard in order to warm the cold water. This helps keep you fit as you burn the extra calories that your body wants.
- Traveling fit is also about avoiding bottled beverages. Closely related to the above-mentioned point, many people are tempted to ‘cheat’ on their fitness plan by taking calorie-laden beverages because they do not have water with them. It is normal to feel thirsty when you are traveling, and bottled beverages such as sodas are always handy. By carrying your own water, or buying distilled water instead of soda, you will be traveling fit and not blowing up your fitness plan.
- It is also important to plan your physical exercise program while away on a trip in advance. This could be as simple as booking a hotel that has a swimming pool facility, or as complex as finding a local gym near your hotel where you can sign up for the duration you will be in your new destination. This will largely depends on the period of time you plan to stay in your new destination. If it is just for a few days, a swimming pool facility could be all that you need.
- Save some money by talking walks to the beaches instead of renting a car. This is self explanatory in the sense that taking brisk walks to the beach will not only save you a substantial amount of money on car hire and taxi, you will also be staying fit in the process
- Traveling fit is also about planning your meals in advance. You need to ensure you eat nutritious and well balanced meals. Just because you are away from home does not mean you should eat whatever comes your way. Traveling fit in this case could mean carrying your packed food and preparing your meals for yourself in your new destination.
Denis is a writer for Mega.co.uk where you can get some interesting voucher code to allow you to make some great savings on your travel.
Unless we have regularly practiced some form of exercise in our life or have inherited exceptionally good genes, we will feel weaker in the legs as we get older. That is part of growing older and as the Chinese say, ‘old age starts in the legs’.
Helping to prolong one’s life with exercise is the solution, as well as also looking after oneself in other ways,
such as maintain good nutrition, fresh air, good, nourishing relationships etc.
How come old age starts in the legs?
Considering that our main support is the ground, the earth, we learn that being connected to it is vital in fact.
We are constantly and without interruption being ‘fed’ energy from the earth – as well as from the heavens – thus we learn in Traditional Chinese Medicine.
Again according to TCM, some of our organs, like the stomach and the spleen, have the quality of the earth in them and are classified as being of the earth element, just as some others, like the lungs, have the quality of the air and are classified as being of the air element, while the heart is of the fire element. Our body comes from the earth and the ancient Chinese were quick to see, through being close to nature, its relationship to the different elements of nature.
So, yes, it is very important to keep our connection to the earth, if only by developing the leg muscles, which, being intimately connected with every other area of muscle in the body, play an crucial part in keeping the whole body strong and well-balanced.
Many of us have taken for granted the fact that the earth supports us, but in older age are surprised or accept it as a ‘fait accompli’ if we lose our balance, as if it were a natural part of growing old.
So we end up spending time in wheelchairs or having to hold on to a walking frame to get about.
A few years ago I approached several retirement homes to offer an exercise program for seniors, and I was shocked to see this state of affairs.
Most of the people there were hardly able to lift their arms without any help! (Of course I am not including some of us who’ve been unfortunate, having had accidents and needing to resort to extra outside help).
I honestly think it’s time for everyone over 50 who hasn’t already started some form of exercise to begin and keep up with it as a regular practice.
Although maybe we might have to try several exercise programs for seniors until we find one that is:
· where we feel we make progress
· that makes us feel good, stronger, energised and relaxed at the end of a session
And may I suggest easy Tai Chi?!
I’d also like to mention that exercise helps us to be inspired and creative, but that will be the topic of another article!
To provide a means to generate well-being from within, Francoise Bonhoure, a qualified Seniors Exercise teacher (for Over and Under 50’s!), has created a comprehensive beginner exercise program.
By joining the membership for our ezine you’ll have access to free exercise videos and audios
If you’re fairly new to the bodybuilding and fitness world, shopping for your fitness equipment and machines and get a little confusing. There are so many infomercials with fitness gadgets that are just a waste of time and money. If you’re not familiar with all the brands that make fitness equipment, you might be in risk of buying something that is poorly manufactured. Like any other products, there are names that are synonymous to reputation. The two iconic names in the bodybuilding and fitness world are Gold and Weider. If you learn anything from this article, just know that these two names mean high quality.
Gold’s gym has been around a few decades and the very first one that founder Joe Gold decide to build was in Venice Beach, Ca. Joe has successfully built his empire to become the largest fitness membership worldwide with about 3.5 members strong. Before you can only drive to go visit Gold’s Gym outside of your home, but now they’ve manufactured products for household use. You can now find Golds gym home equipment online and through stores so that you can work out in the privacy of your own home.
Another highly respected name in the fitness industry is Weider. A Weider home gym is like having a mini gym facility on one machine. This is a great solution for those lacking enough space to buy individual home fitness equipment. The benefit of having one of these multi gym units is the fact this allows you to work out all the major muscle groups such as your chest, arms, back, shoulders, and legs.
Remember, the brand doesn’t mean much if you’re not sure what your fitness goals are going to be. If you want to lose weight then you should consider looking into aerobics machines. For those looking to gain muscle mass, then you would look into buying weight lifting equipment.
By now most of us are aware that obesity has become a huge issue among Americans. There are tons of “fad” diets all over the internet and infomercials these days. With so many people claiming to have the secret to success, it can be hard to know what to trust when it comes to a proper diet plan. The truth is that if you are currently unconditioned physically then any exercise will be better than none.
One of the easiest ways to stay on top of your weight is just by staying active. An active lifestyle comes with a sense of accomplishment, and confidence. If you’re winded going up the stairs to your apartment everyday that may be a sign that your body needs more exercise. It’s easy to see that sled dogs, race horses, and even professional athletes must constantly exercise to stay at their best level, but we overlook how important activity is for us normal work going folks. For those of you who find it hard to come up with motivation or creative ways to exercise, here are a few tips to get you moving:
- Get Support From Friends and Family– If you’re going to make a change and stick with it, you will need some support. By making a network of people you can help motivate each other to reach your goals. Remember everyone is unique so don’t push yourself too far just because of a little competition.
- Invest in a Trainer– People will invest in their financial future by planning estates and purchasing insurance, but often over-look the future of their health. Investing in a certified personal trainer is a great way to create an individualized program that meets your specific goals. Trainers are great at helping you chart progress and stay positive as you get in shape.
- Park Further Away– The next time you go to the store, or head to the mall for some shopping, park a little further away. You can make it a personal challenge to walk a little bit further each time. You’d be surprised at just how quickly walking adds up once you factor in all the errands for the week.
- Take a Class– If you used to love an activity growing up, find a place that offers that class and sign up for it. Maybe you have always wanted to learn how to dance, what better time to start than now? Perhaps you admire Lance Armstrong and always wanted to give cycling a try. Most gyms have cycling classes that are fun and great for cardiovascular exercise. Whatever you are interested in, get out and do it!
Ultimately getting healthy and staying active is about making a decision and sticking to it. Determination is key when it comes to diet and exercise. Set a goal, and don’t give up until you reach it!
Micah Castro is a freelance writer for Arizona Probate Law. The expert probate law attorneys at JacksonWhite can provide you with the peace of mind that you are looking for in planning your will or estate.