Most of us lead fast-paced lives because of our incessant drive to be on top of everything. This is further aggravated by unhealthy eating and drinking habits. All of these factors lead us to one consequence — toxin accumulation. This is why a lot of spas, clinics and detox centers have mushroomed in just a few years.
Detoxification is the process of eliminating toxins from the body, so that they will not cause further harm to our body systems. There are several methods of detoxification, although they are fairly similar in concept. This article provides an overview of some of these.
Here are a few of the common classifications of detoxification. The detox would be dependent on your specific problem area and it will be done based on the assessment and evaluation of your provider.
There is nothing more natural than eating plenty of nutritious food in the form of raw vegetables and fruits. To spice up your food and to add more detoxifying agents, you can add in your choice of herbs, seeds or spices. Apart from giving your fruits and veggies a different punch, the herbs and spices will help facilitate waste elimination. While fasting is not necessarily required, you should avoid processed and refined food items which add more harmful substances to your system. Additionally, you need to make sure that you are drinking plenty of water to flush out more toxins. Apart from this, other forms of hydrotherapy will be initiated.
Sometimes, it is also up to the individual to choose what he thinks will suit his body. Other approaches include sugar detox, detox body wrap and honey or coffee detox.
Colon cleansing employs the same techniques employed with natural body detoxification, that of eating high-fiber, natural food. Some individuals choose to supplement this with enemas which can actually hasten colon waste elimination. In an enema, a cleansing solution (could be a commercial preparation or just a homemade one) is introduced through the colon with the use of a thin flexible pipe to be inserted inside your body through your anus.. The fluid used may be plain water or a specially formulated detoxifying solution.
One of the much talked about diet these days is really nothing but a formulation of cayenne pepper, maple syrup or honey, lemon juice and tea. It is said that the acidic nature of the lemon and the potency of cayenne helps in the purging process.
The concept behind is, again, to rid off the body of accumulated toxins. In the days or weeks before the detox diet, the individual should avoid nicotine found in cigarettes; caffeinated drinks and alcohol are also prohibited. Water and healthy food is consumed during this period, complemented with adequate rest and sleep.
Liver cleanse also calls for the power of healthful foods and hydrotherapy, combined with the total avoidance of substances like alcohol and pharmaceuticals which place additional burden on the liver.
Before undergoing any detoxification, make sure that you consult a physician so that he or she can advice you regarding best practices and precaution. This is very crucial especially when you are pregnant, are taking medications and when you are suffering from chronic health conditions such as hypertension.
The author is a freelance writer. He writes about fax comparisons and electronic fax services.
Doctors all around the world are raving about the health benefits of detoxification. Ridding the body of toxins and other waste that could potentially be causing harm to your body is highly recommended. With so many detoxification programs available, it can be difficult distinguishing which one is safe and effective for your life style. Before you choose any one “program,” consider detoxifying your body naturally. The following are natural remedies for helping get your body back on track.
- Eliminate the “bad” from your body. If you want to get rid of the toxins in your body, you must give up the bad habits that are putting the toxins there in the first place. Caffeine, alcohol, saturated fat, and refined sugar are all major contributors to the toxin level in your body. If you are looking to detoxify, get rid of the bad habits first! You won’t be able to fully detoxify until you are eliminating the source of the toxins.
- Reduce your stress level. Stress has a huge impact on the wellness of your body. To naturally detoxify, you must reduce your stress level. While is virtually impossible to live stress free, you can take steps to maintain a safe stress level. Too much stress is bad for your body and will not help you get rid of the unwanted toxins. Consider using yoga or meditation as a way to get your stress level down.
- Drink more water. Water is the cleansing agent for your body. If you aren’t drinking enough water, you can’t eliminate the toxins from your body. Drink the recommended 8 glasses of water daily to help your body get ready for the detoxification process. The more water your drink, the healthier your skin and body will be. Carry water with you at all times of the day in an effort to detoxify. Stay away from sodas and sugared drinks during the process. Focus on putting the “natural” into your body and eliminating the unnatural.
- Get your sweat on! Sweating is a great way to get rid of toxins that are built up in your body. Begin an exercise program that will encourage you to sweat. If exercising isn’t your thing, consider sitting in a sauna for 10 minutes a day. This will help open your pores and release the chemicals that are built up under your skin. Sweating is a healthy part of a daily lifestyle. The more you sweat, the better off your body will be.
- Drink green tea. Green tea is very healthy for your body and will get the detoxification process rolling. It is full of antioxidants that will serve to help eliminate unwanted toxins. It is also known as an energy booster. Get a two for one deal by drinking plenty of natural green tea. If you don’t have a taste for the actual tea, find it in capsule form. There are too many great benefits to not add green tea to your daily diet.
- Eat a healthy diet. A diet rich in fruits and vegetables will also help you detoxify. Not only through the nutrient rich food, but also through the high fiber. Fiber helps keep your bowel movements regular and allows waste to flow freely through your body. Toxins are released into your body when you are backed up for a period of time. Eating a healthy diet is essential to detoxification. Many people choose to go on an all fruit and vegetable fast in an effort to get rid excess waste in the body. If you choose to do an all veggie and fruit fast, do not do this process longer than a few days as you will quickly lose muscle and other nutrients that are essential to a healthy body. Be very cautious when choosing to fast in the detoxification process.
- Don’t use chemical based household cleaners. Using these products can actually put chemical into your body that you are trying to get rid of. For the best results in detoxifying, stay far away from chemical based household cleaners. Opt for natural cleaning products.
If you are looking to take advantage of the detoxification process, use the tips above to help you get started. Detoxification can improve your health. Get started today!
Kathy works for 1001Shops that offers a large section of specialty products like etageres, contemporary wall clocks, nesting dolls and lot more.
Bikram’s yoga and Moksha yoga are both forms of hot yoga. Hot yoga has become very popular over the past decade. It is trendy and popular and all the rage. If you have heard about this practice you have likely considered if hot yoga would be a good practice for you or not. The answer is that it really depends and here is why.
The main variation between hot yoga and regular yoga is the surrounding room temperature. Hot yoga is performed in a heated room that ranges in temperature from about 85F up to around 100F or so. This heat is not typical to most yoga practices in the past. Most practices of yoga have you warm your own body through movement and breath combined as opposed to the environment warming the body.
Having a heated room can be a good thing or a bad thing and it all comes down to where you are at and if hot yoga is right for you. The benefit of Bikram’s yoga is that heat can provide a medium to go deeper into poses more easily then otherwise possible. It can encourage the body to detoxify through the skin as well as other pathways. It also provides for a way to increase your concentration as the heat can require a strong focus to stay centered.
On the opposite side of things one of the most prevalent negative occurrences in hot yoga is over stretching since there is a false sense of being able to move deeper into poses. Another thing is detoxifying too quickly. We don’t often have an environment that encourages that level of sweating, moving and breathing all at once. This can create a quick flood of toxins into the blood that then have to be dealt with by the body.
Perhaps you are aiming for this level of detoxification and therefore you are prepared to deal with any symptoms that arise from this practice. The results can be many including head aches, pains, light headedness, tiredness and so on. This simply occur as a result of the body moving out that which is not longer stored in the tissues. The result is positive but it can be uncomfortable.
So whether or not hot yoga is for you really depends. Some of the questions to ask yourself relate to the hardiness of your body, how much tendency you have to push yourself vs. moving at your own pace. Additionally, hot yoga is not always best for those with heart conditions or blood pressure issues. Consider all angles though including how much detoxification you can handle and how quickly you can handle it.
If you do decide to practice hot yoga of any kind consider the tools you need to stay comfortable and maximize your experience. You will want a good Bikram’s yoga mat, good hot yoga clothes as well as making sure you are heavily hydrated as you will loose a lot of sweat in your practice.
Detoxification of the body is not just for weight loss, it is also for cleansing the colon and purifying the internal organs. There are a number of detox drinks that one may purchase at any health food store today. However, the best detox drinks are made fresh in your own kitchen. Detox drink recipes vary according to the purpose for which you were doing the detoxification, as well as your own personal preferences.
It is prudent to detoxify any time you have overindulged in food or drink, or are feeling unwell. Delicious, nutritious, and easy to make, the best detox drinks will eliminate waste and toxic substances that have accumulated in your body. All of us take in unhealthful substances, whether by breathing or in the foods we eat, on an almost daily basis. If you have been constipated, detoxification is one avenue to relief. When our systems become inundated with harmful substances, we may feel sluggish, weak, and vulnerable to illness. Healthful eating and regular exercise are important to say the least, however, even when these two rules are followed, there are times when we need to use the process of detoxification to feel our best.
The importance of drinking enough pure water cannot be overstated. Each morning begin with a glass of freshly squeezed lemon juice in warm water. You may follow that with any number of detox drink recipes some of which are listed here. Particularly delicious is the peach juice drink, which is made by combining 2 to 3 peaches in your blender with a bit of fresh basil or fresh coriander. The carrot-vegetable juice detox, is rich in beta-carotene and is made by combining 2-3 fresh carrots with one kale leaf and a mint leaf or two in your blender, adding fresh water as needed.
Blending 2 to 3 green apples with one carrot, two leaves of Swiss chard, three sprays of watercress, and a celery stalk make the always-popular apple-vegetable detox drink recipe. As usual, add water as needed. Avoid using sugar or dairy products in detox drinks. If you must have more sweetness add fruit or berries. The important thing is to make sure that you are ingesting the juices of fresh vegetables and fresh fruits only, combined with pure water. In between detox drinks, keep yourself hydrated with plenty of water.
If you do not tolerate plain water well, simply add a bit of lime or lemon juice. You may also add a bit of orange juice. A dash of ginger will help ward off any nausea. Within a few days, you should see a pleasant change in your complexion, a rise in your energy level, and experience a more restful sleep.
Lots of options are available for people seeking out a good colon cleanse recipe. Undergoing a cleanse can help purify and detoxify your body and even let you lose some weight. There are many different recipes that include a variety of ingredients, each of which has its own unique effect on your body. Cabbage in particular is a great agent for detoxification. It works great as a cleanser when paired with other vegetables.
One great colon cleanse recipes includes 48 ounces of V8 vegetable juice mixed with equal parts of water. Add a large cabbage head, 8 scallions or green onions, 6 carrots, 6 tomatoes, a stalk of celery, a clove of garlic and an onion. You can cut them or add the vegetables whole; the solution should be boiled for three hours or so. Toward the end of the boiling, add seasoning. Salt and pepper are generally always used. Basil and parsley work well too, and creole seasoning or curry mixes can be a good addition for some spice.
This is a seven day cleanse and you should follow the directions for each day carefully. On the first day, you can eat unlimited veggies and soup. On the second day, eat unlimited soup and fruits. On the third day, eat soup, fruits and vegetables. On day four, eat soup and 10 oz or less of meat. On the fifth day, eat yogurt, fruit and soup. On the sixth day, eat soup, fish and tomatoes. On the seventh day, eat veggies and soup.
Following the regimen for each day will help you get the biggest benefit out of this cleanse. Maximize the detoxification benefits that your body can experience. Often you will lose some weight during this week as well. A good colon cleanse every few months will help keep your body strong and free from toxins.
Colon cleansing is necessary for improved overall health and maintenance of body shape and skin health. The good news for you is that it is very easy to do a colon detox these days with the help of colon cleanse home remedies. One of the easiest and simplest way to do a colon cleanse at home is through using fruits that are rich in antioxidants and fiber. Here are some fruits you can use for your colon cleansing goals:
Apple is packed with a lot of antioxidants that can very well be an effective colon cleansing fruit. It clears toxins, bad substances, and wastes in the colon. It is also rich in fiber, which make it an even better colon cleanser. Using an apple for colon cleansing is as easy as juicing it or eating it daily. Apple is also one of those natural appetite suppressant foods that you can use while cleansing the colon.
Drinking a glass of lemon juice early in the morning is already a simple procedure in cleansing the colon. Lemon can help smooth the digestive system and relieve constipation as well. Lemon fruit extract in a glass of warm water is also a good colon cleanser.
Watermelon is rich in fibers that help in the detoxification process. It can expel toxins and wastes not only from the colon but also from other parts of the body.
Blueberry can improve the body’s natural cleansing process. Blueberries can also be consumed in the morning to eliminate constipation.
These are only some of the fruits that can help you achieve a cleaner colon and a healthier body in the end. Since they are all delicious and refreshing fruits, there is no point for you to have a hard time using them for your detox goals. Eating them every day is a good way to use these fruits for colon cleansing. Just make sure you avoid polluting the body with more toxins coming from alcohol, coffee, cigarette, and processed foods.