Being fit generally means the ability to perform well in a wide gamut of circumstances considered physically taxing. Being fit for some people could mean the ability to fit into a favorite pair of jeans or a certain outfit for an upcoming event. For others, being fit simply means being in good shape because it ultimately translates to being in good health.
With that being said, while it is not easy to shed off the extra pounds and look trim and maintain overall fitness, it becomes a lot more challenging when you have to remain fit even when travelling. Keeping fit is a life-long plan which should be part and parcel of your daily routine. This therefore becomes a challenge when you have to maintain your fitness plan when away or a business or leisure trip. How do you travel fit and ensure you do not blow up in a matter of days what you have worked hard to build for so many years?
- The first tip to travel fit is to ensure you carry with you sufficient amounts of water. Water is known to keep the body metabolism active and to flush out harmful toxins from the body. In addition to that, cold water in particular is believed to help accelerate the pace at which you lose weight. This is because with an active metabolism, the body will need to work extra hard in order to warm the cold water. This helps keep you fit as you burn the extra calories that your body wants.
- Traveling fit is also about avoiding bottled beverages. Closely related to the above-mentioned point, many people are tempted to ‘cheat’ on their fitness plan by taking calorie-laden beverages because they do not have water with them. It is normal to feel thirsty when you are traveling, and bottled beverages such as sodas are always handy. By carrying your own water, or buying distilled water instead of soda, you will be traveling fit and not blowing up your fitness plan.
- It is also important to plan your physical exercise program while away on a trip in advance. This could be as simple as booking a hotel that has a swimming pool facility, or as complex as finding a local gym near your hotel where you can sign up for the duration you will be in your new destination. This will largely depends on the period of time you plan to stay in your new destination. If it is just for a few days, a swimming pool facility could be all that you need.
- Save some money by talking walks to the beaches instead of renting a car. This is self explanatory in the sense that taking brisk walks to the beach will not only save you a substantial amount of money on car hire and taxi, you will also be staying fit in the process
- Traveling fit is also about planning your meals in advance. You need to ensure you eat nutritious and well balanced meals. Just because you are away from home does not mean you should eat whatever comes your way. Traveling fit in this case could mean carrying your packed food and preparing your meals for yourself in your new destination.
Denis is a writer for Mega.co.uk where you can get some interesting voucher code to allow you to make some great savings on your travel.
- Exercise Variety Is The Key To Being Super Fit (freeacaiberry.org)
- Simple Tips on How to Get Fit (dietcleanse.org)
5 Tips to Travel Fit